In this short video we’ll discuss the proper application of the HemaClear® Model F to the forearm.
Once it has been determined that the patient’s forearm fits within the Model F Size Guidelines, open the sterile packaging, introducing HemaClear® to the surgical field. Note that the packaging is dual peel packed.
Be sure to save the HemaClear® Cutting Card for the end of the procedure. You are now ready to apply HemaClear® onto the patient
- Instruct your patient to hold the fingers together or have your assistant place all their fingers within the Model F cup.
- Next, the surgeon should hold the handles of the HemaClear® medial lateral or east-west, pulling the handles towards the patient. Advance the HemaClear® to the mid hand.
- Continue advancing the Model F by pulling the handles towards the patient’s chest. Advance the tourniquet until it is approximately 10 cm from the patient’s wrist.
- The tourniquet is now up. Dictate the tourniquet time.
Once HemaClear® has reached the desired occlusion location and tourniquet time has been recorded, simply cut the ribbons off.
To start your procedure, remove the Model F cup exposing your surgical area. You are now ready to begin your procedure.
When you would like to remove HemaClear®, place the HemaClear® Cutting Card from the distal side of the ring under the HemaClear®. Utilizing a knife, cut the ring in slow orderly passes. Once you’re through the internal silicon ring, you can utilize scissors to remove the rest the device.
Your tourniquet is now down. Note the tourniquet time.
If you have any further questions please contact us.
How to Use the HemaClear® Pressure Tables
A brief training shows what you need to know in order to place HemaClear® correctly.
HemaClear® Model F™ for Hand & Wrist Surgery
See User Guide for full explanation
(Click each image to enlarge)
Directions for Use
For HemaClear® Model F™ for Hand & Wrist Procedures – In the User Guide please follow the general Directions for Use as seen above, including the following:
For HemaClear® Model F™ please follow the general Directions for Use as specified above, including the following:
- If the circumference of the forearm at the desired occlusion location is less than 14 cm, use a stockinet to build up the forearm circumference to 14-16 cm. If the circumference at the desired occlusion location is not within the 14-34 cm range, use another appropriate HemaClear® Model.
- Insert the finger tips into the oval opening of the device application cup with the handles facing away from the patient. Verify that all fingers are inserted. Grab the handles firmly and pull them proximally towards the patient, along the forearm. The device will roll smoothly up the hand and the forearm.
- The recommended placement location on the forearm is 10 cm (4’’) proximal to the wrist.
- The HemaClear® Model-F™ is constructed with two segments of elastic stockinet. Once the device reaches the occlusion location, the distal sleeve (covering the fingers) can be easily pulled away and removed, or cut to reveal the surgical site. If it is decided to cut the stockinet, apply sterile water or saline, before cutting the stockinet. The surgical site may be covered with a sterile transparent drape if desired.NOTE: Wetting the stockinet prior to cutting minimizes the amount of free fabric fragments.